What is Parenting Children Course?
The Parenting Children Course is designed for parents with children up to the age of 10. The course, while based on the Christian principles, is in fact relevant and helpful to parents with or without a Christian faith or church background. Its goal is to help parents to raise their children with confidence and to equip their children for life.
What to expect?
The course meets every Friday for 10 weeks. Each session begins with a meal provided by SVAC, follow by a video session and then a small group discussion on the topic that is covered. Simultaneously, SVAC provides childcare for infants to preschoolers and offers the Alpha Youth Program for children who are from kindergarten and up.
1. The Role of the Family
2. Patterns for a Healthy Family Life
3. The Five Love Languages, Part I
4. The Five Love Languages, Part II
5. Combining Love and Limits
6. Helping our children make Good Choices
7. Modelling and Practicing Relationships
8. Handling Anger
9. Encouraging Responsibility
10. Passing on Beliefs and Values