“You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. ” John 13:13-15
SVAC Caring Ministry exists because our Lord Jesus has shown us what it means to deny ourselves and serve one another. As the body of Christ has grown, the needs of one another may not be noticeable and many times may be neglected. We hope to foster an environment where we can reach out to one another for help and to help.
SVAC Caring Ministry provides multiple levels of caring support for our church members as well as non-church members. We may not be able to meet all kinds of needs but will do our best to be a resource for you. We will bring all the needs to the Lord Jesus in prayers.
Please let us know if you want to involve in SVAC Caring Ministry or you have known of any needs that we can extend our care.
Contact SVAC Caring Ministry Team at Send an email.
- Sunday Luncheon – We meet every Sunday at 1pm in D3 for a pot luck luncheon. Please feel free to bring a dish to share or bring a small donation for the meal. It’s an opportunity to get to know one another.
- Ride Sharing – We arrange and provide a free ride to SVAC worship service on Sunday for those who aren’t able to commute to SVAC. This service is provided by SVAC church members.
- Card Care – When a need or a special occasion of an individual or a household is brought to our attention, we will send a card to that individual or household to relate a message of love. Recipients may include those who have a new baby, are experiencing health issues, have lost a loved one, have been going through some struggles, etc.
- Phone Care – Besides the above Card Care, we also arrange a phone call to the individual or household.
- Visitation – A small group of the SVAC Caring Ministry members visit people who are in need.
- Prayers – We pray for those who are in need.